RESCAN is a self-help support group for Carers living in rural East Suffolk.
RESCAN operates with the following assumptions:
- People can give and receive more in a group setting than they can by themselves.
- People going through difficult times feel better when they can share their feelings and experiences with others who are “in the same boat.”
- The self-help group is independent and member-led.
- Everyone gives help to and receives help from the others.
A Carer is someone who, without payment, provides help and support to a friend, neighbour or relative who could not manage otherwise because of frailty, illness or disability.
Most Carers would still not recognise themselves under the term 'Carer'. They may just see themselves as someone trying to cope as best they can whilst helping to look after a relative or friend who is frail, ill or disabled.
RESCAN provides an informal meetings that combine
- social/recreational activities;
- meet other Carers
- relax and ejoy chatting with other Carers;
- organise activities / outings
- educational activities -
- share information
- guest speakers
PASTEL CIC - a provider of services to vulnerable people - has offered to sponsor the setting up of a Carer self-help group,
to meet informally once a month
at the Fromus Centre,
in Saxmundham, Suffolk.
tHE smile cAFE
The SMILE Cafe is a caring cafe,
In a stressful world, it's your place to enjoy some respite, some company and a chat. It's your place to meet, learn and relax!
The SMILE Cafe is a weekly pop-up cafe, running every Thursday from 10am to 2pm, at the Fromus Centre, Saxmundham.
It provides an oasis for respite,
with refreshments - primarily for Carers
and vulnerable adults,
as well as those just in need of some company in a friendly environment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND NEWS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.